ABC drama, ABC drama series, ABC's Revenge, drama series, entertainment, Entertainment industry, Hollywood, Revenge, television, television program, television programs, TV drama, TV dramas, TV show, TV shows
Season 3 of ABC’s Revenge started with a bang and a splash, keeping our interest the entire season through. So, it’s no surprise that the finale would not only match the opener but take it to the next level of anticipation and intrigue!
Let’s recap, briefly, because there’s a great deal we need to discuss:
- David Clarke was framed for a crime he didn’t commit
- He was framed by Conrad and Victoria Grayson
- David’s 9-year-old daughter Amanda was there the night her father was forced to the ground and taken into custody.
- David Clarke died while in prison
- Amanda Clarke, now grown, returns to the Hamptons as Emily Thorne, moving in next door to the Graysons. Her plan – seek revenge for those who framed her father.
- She married Conrad and Victoria’s son, Daniel, only to be intentionally shot by him on their wedding night (long story involving a fake pregnancy, alcohol, and a subplot about an ex-girlfriend).
- Along the way, Emily/Amanda was helped by a handsome trio – David’s protegé (Nolan Ross), another revenge-seeker due to the David Clarke set-up scheme (Aiden Mathis), and her childhood sweetheart who only learned of her true identity during last year’s jaw-dropping season finale (Jack Porter).
WARNING: Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! If you are not up to date on the last two episodes of Season 3, be forewarned that spoilers will follow. Proceed at your own entertainment “peril”!
When we last left the Hamptons, Victoria had figured out that Emily was not all she claimed, Emily and her trio of helpers successfully trapped Conrad into admitting his long list of crimes and he was arrested, Charlotte
Grayson Clarke (product of Victoria and David’s affair) finally opened her eyes, metaphorically speaking. Oh, and Jack informed Emily that there’s a teensy-weensy possibility that David’s still alive. And that brings us to tonight’s phenomenal season finale…
An entire hour of twists and turns, all lead up to a final few minutes that set an entirely new game in motion. In summary, Victoria killed Aiden (I sobbed), Charlotte realized Jack was the “kidnapper” (darn it), and Emily had Victoria hospitalized in a mental institution (well played, Ms. Thorne). Oh, wait…did I forget something – or someone? A very much alive David Clarke climbed out of that van and revealed himself to a flabbergasted Conrad. That is, right before David stabbed his former employer and drove away. This sets up a multitude of directions for the show to take when it returns in the fall. And I, for one, can’t wait!! When does the full Season 3 DVD set come out, so I can watch them again? 🙂
Television programs receive my high praise when they keep my interest each week. They hook me in with intriguing characters and surprising plot twists that ultimately create an added level of dimension to the story and the players. Revenge is one such television drama series. I’ve seen every episode from the pilot on through and look forward to seeing what happens next!